Friday, June 29, 2007

Obsequious Behaviour

In our days and times, knowledge, specialization and creativity is secondary to connections. Its very unfortunate, but almost always it is.

It has become a normal thing to use words such as "networking" as an excuse for attending professional gatherings. And since it has become a socially acceptable mode of meetings, I myself had given in. But what I cannot stand is the OBSEQUIOUS BEHAVIOUR this networking entails. It sickens me to see little puppies waggling their tails while leaving lip imprints on Big Shots' behinds. And as much as it upsets my stomachs, it relieves me and makes me laugh myself silly on how disgusting and pitiful the perpetrators of this shameful behaviour look like from aside.

Now, it is important to underline that obsequiousness has different manifestations dependent on gender, age and brain-weight. Ladies, revealing cleavages and calves makes you look more like a bimbo than a professional employee capable of getting things done.

Guys, using Shakespearian English and engaging in topics of extremely high complexity based on your superficial perusal of ONE article in a local newspaper does not reflect depth, but, on the contrary, shallowness. Furthermore, getting nodding responses from people in the business must not be interpreted as their approval. Again, DEPTH of insight is needed here, and you haven't gotten it.

But, haven't you noticed my friend? A$$-connoisseurs do not compete against each other. They'd rather gang up against those who use their taste buds for gourmet food. Therefore, we often have these two teams in most gatherings: the would-do and the would-never-do.

I have always believed in this adage: Birds of a feather, flock together.

No comments: