Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sudanpedia


As a Sudanese, I've been subjected to the most ludicrous inquiries about my home; the Sudan.
"Isn't it in Asia?"
"No, you dimwit!"
And of course, lately I've resorted to identifying Sudan with Darfur. Sad but what to do? And even then I get the ever more laughable questions.
"Oh, you don't look Sudanese"
"I'm from the Janjaweed!"


So, here I've decided to post something about Sudan, every now and then, for the world to learn.

Well, its very interesting to find different results when googling with different languages. I've attempted it with Russian and found this interesting site: The Central Bank of Sudan. When I googled it in English using the keyword Sudan, this site didn't appear until the 10th page , in the Russian attempt, the 1st page.

Our currency, fluctuating between the Pound and the Dinar, reflects our mosaic social and ethnic fabric. So I highly recommend you check it out.

No comments: