Sunday, June 24, 2007

Every man for himself

That's exactly what it is these days. Can't depend on anyone to lend you a hand, let alone do something for you. And silly you, you would do the somersault to make someone feel better. And I blame noone but your pathetic self for not being smart enough to recognize that this is what this current time is all about, every man for himself !

That reminds me of what Ali ibn Abi Talib كرَم الله وجهه said:
وذقت المرارات فلم أجد أمر من الحاجة إلى الناس

To be in need of someone makes one weak, and I'm talking about favors! Oh how I hate those, and miss the days when I did everything myself instead of being feeble and burdening myself with reciprocity and repayment. Furthermore, all the negative emotions that surface when your favor can't be done, such as disappointment, hurt, anger. Why do you need those?!

Depend on yourself you wimp and do everything by yourself and for yourself. That will make your life harder but you'll feel better about yourself, for there is no better feeling than debt-free feeling.

No comments: