Sunday, December 23, 2007

Are Russians the Black Whites?




Let me start by saying that YES, I will be stereotyping and here I am practicing my right to free speech. Therefore, I suggest that this post is looked at as an amusing piece that many of us, the Russian Women, can identify with. Also, many of our traits are shared with our African-American sistas. I just love observing that everyday on the streets of the hotchpotch of this metropolitan city of NY

Here are a few of the things I've noticed:


First, most Russian women are in love with the bling bling and the mink furs. That grandeur has no limits. Anything and everything worn must shine like a 10 Carat diamond. Also wearing tight outfits and giving mini-skirts a new definition :-)

Second, Russian women like to be spent on graciously and lavishly. An uxorious man exists to spend on a woman and that's about it :-)

Third, most Russians are able to get along and adapt into living in neighbourhoods of non-Whites. The only whites I see in predominantly African-American or Caribbean blocks are the Russians. Oh for goodness' sake, Russians drove out Black communities from Coney Island :-)

Four, just check the most recent Russian rap songs. The beat is so cool and hiphopish I actually feel proud we've assimilated into that genre so smoothly.


C'est tout for now

2 comments:

bint battuta said...

Interesting! I like your blog...been lurking for a while...

Reem said...

I always thought that russians look interesting, different from other europeans.

whats your opinion on xenophobia in Russia? I read alot about it.