Saturday, July 21, 2007

UPDATE on Sudanese Concert in New York

I went, I sat, I stood, I ate, I chatted, I met acquaintances, I clicked pictures, I danced, I gossiped, I flirted, I enjoyed the beautiful songs and singers and BOOOM! as usual my Sudanese people acted in the most irresponsible manner. Well, first of all and right in front of the stage two guys just decided to throw a couple of punches at each other and not stopping it until the security had to intervene to pull these two cocks from each other while one of them was shouting out the most common Sudanese swear expression "3alai al6alag ma ba'7ali!"




This will sound alright if you compare it to this sign ! The whole objective of the festival is to bring Sudanese people irrespective of their creed, color, ethnicity or race together to attempt as people express our unity, and just that! Our dream is to live in a unified and peaceful Sudan! And there they were, those who cannot stick to the message intended and just had to fling political messages in. It was, and is a shameful act to mix politics with cultural and social events!

You two, who were carrying those signs, must be very ashamed of yourselves!

No comments: